Just Been Served? Call Now. 1.800.925.Fathers

Can my ex change my son’s last name without my permission?

Changing a child’s last name must be done with a petition served in the court where the child lives and served upon the other parent by service of process. If the other parent objects, then there will be a court hearing. The court will order a name change only upon a showing that it is in the best interests of the child.